I do not know how to start or where to begin but I want to start blogging my journey. I guess for my first blog I want to give you a little background of where and why I am. The past few months is seemed that every day the news was covering HB2, a bill discriminating against the transgender community; and on Facebook some of my friends would state their mind discriminating against the transgender community. At work the chatter among my coworkers was also discriminating against the transgender community, and all the while I sat quietly thinking to myself, - this is me they are talking about. So as a forty-three year old, born male, happily married person, I began using narcotics and thinking of suicide.
I have always known I was transgender. I just never thought I could come out. At a very young age I was a girl in my mind. I have talked with numerous transgender persons throughout my life and asked how can I do this? But something was different this year. I had the smarts to know that because I was beginning to mask the pain of not being me with pain pills and considering taking five 30mg oxycodone to just end it all, that I had to face this head on once and for all.
I began therapy and came out transgender in the April 2016. I started hormone replacement therapy on June 29, 2016. My husband, Jason, has been an amazing support and is committed to the adjustment. My family and friends have been supportive and I feel so lucky to have this amazing community around me during my transition. Of course, there have been some tears and some moments of laughter which I will try to share with you.
Looking back on how hard my life has been, how I have been swimming upstream, flying into the wind, I realize now I was doing it wrong. And as a result, I now realize that one of the easiest things I ever have done was come out transgender. With the wind behind me now I am ready to soar and be the woman I have always known I really am.
Jessie
Jessie, you are truly amazing! Life is so so soooo hard and I'm glad you're sticking through it and becoming what you should be! You deserve it! I love you!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you have found happiness and love. Your story is one of struggle, courage, strength and hope. Hopefully you can be an inspiration to others that are facing the same struggle
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you have found happiness and love. Your story is one of struggle, courage, strength and hope. Hopefully you can be an inspiration to others that are facing the same struggle
ReplyDelete