Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The First Time Little Bird Saw Her Reflection

This is a post from my Facebook but I wanted to record it in my  Blog so I could remember the day little Bird saw  her reflection in the window for the first time and she was happy.

Today was my day off, I had a few chores to do, first I wanted to try a new foundation so I got my face on and then I started my bigger  project of going thru and getting rid of all those  uncomfortable and unnatural to me clothes to give me more space for my slowly growing closet of comfortable and what is natural to me the Jessie that has hid her whole life clothes. Well I took a short break for a snack and was sitting in the recliner watching a lil Jerry Springer and glanced over to the mirror and  I saw a woman looking back at me.   It was the first time I saw my internal sense of identity in the mirror without squinting my eyes, it was almost as if I had been blind all my life and  I was finally able to see myself and I cried.  My internal sense of being a female and what I see in mirror are beginning to match and thank God for water proof mascara!

Jessie

1 comment: