Thirteen years ago today I stumbled into an emergency room at death's door and didn't leave for 45 days. Today I wake up and take assessment of all I have and while I may be alone I am not lonely. (A quote from my mother)
My marriage has ended and it has been emotional rollercoaster, I have never been happier in my life. I am thankful for the time I was with Jason and the support he gave me all those years. We had a peaceful and wonderful love but as I transitioned into my true self it is clear to me know he was only there to help me get to a certain point of my life. As a gay man he no longer completes this straight woman and I no longer complete him.
When we were standing in empty apartment what was once our home, holding one another crying and saying goodbye, I knew I had made the right decision for me. Tears streamed down our faces for the past and what we once had, for the fear of being alone on the journey of life and we slowly let go, walked away, and went our separate ways into the darkness of the night.
I occasionally look over my shoulder to our relationship just as I remember this day 13 years ago and am thankful for all of the victories and the failures and it helps me forge ahead on the best and happiest days of my life.
Jessica Ilene
That night strikes terror to my heart even today. When I walked into the hospital to be with your that bitter cold night, I had no idea that when we walked out it would be spring. I often think of all the sick days you had as a child and adult - how I would watch your eyes and see the sickness there - how when I look into those eyes I see health and happiness. What a great time of your life.
ReplyDelete