Sunday, January 7, 2018

Try Again

I wake up from the hardest 24 hours of my life. My heart is broken. What was once a secure and stable marriage is now over and I have cried until I could not cry anymore. And while I am sure there will be more tears over the man who I loved for 12 years, today I'm picking up the shattered pieces of my heart and moving on.

The greatest act of love I can give Jason is to let him go and it's easier said than done. And the greatest act of love I can give myself is to follow through with this journey of transitioning and be the woman I have always been. By finally finding myself and the woman I am today, my husband lost sight of the man he married. Neither of us at fault for being true to ourselves.

I have so much to look forward too and I realize that there will be a man who will love me for the woman I am. I can never go back to what I once tried to be and while I may fall along the way I must always get back up and keep on trying. For failure is not the falling down part, it is the not getting back up part and trying again.

Today I choose to get back up and try again.

Jessica Ilene

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilene HardisonJanuary 7, 2018 at 7:19 AM
    Wonderful thoughts. You can do this. Just love yourself enough to make it happen. There will be sad times but don't let them define you. Pick yourself up and move on. Your past will always be a part of you as lessons learned - and the knowledge that love sometimes meaning letting go. Remember my book - it was for you and once again a good place to start just rewrite the characters - 'The Little Bird who was Afraid to Fly' can fly!

    ReplyDelete