Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A New Chapter

Today I deactivated (not deleted) my old Facebook account. I have been contemplating what to do with it for some time, however I felt it only respectful that I keep it open while I was with Jason. Now that we have respectfully separated the time is right that I begin to finalize those chapters of my life.

Another bittersweet moment, my previous life I was so unhappy as I was internalizing my sense of identity. I am grateful for all those memories, experiences, successes and failures. It has given me the ability to navigate the transition of my life into my identities. (Not that I always make the right decision.)

And while I have let go of my marriage, I let go of the pretending and occasionally I will re-read those chapters as I write new chapters of this beautiful journey.

Jessica Ilene

1 comment:

  1. A few years down the road, you might consider working your blogs into book form. Your past will always be a part of who you are - reminders of the journey of life that has brought you to this time when you can acknowledge your true identity. The little boy I believed you to be has a special place in my heart, but the woman you are is my heart. I love you my beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete